Product Radio is for you if…
- you’re an active product manager or manage products as part of your role (eg: startup founders). I’m not planning to cover anything on “how do I break into product?” but other podcasts do.
- you don’t mind controversial views (eg: what’s the worst advice given out to product managers?)
- the occasional poop joke doesn’t upset you. I like to keep it casual.
- you don’t mind longer interviews (I find it’s impossible for me to get as specific and actionable as I want to in a short interview)
- want to get better after in a measurable way after every episode (my guests issue a specific challenge at the end, the only PM podcast that does so)
If the above sounds good, fantastic! The next step is to join the email list and/or subscribe in your podcast app of choice.
But, if you want something that’s done by a professional podcaster/marketer, looking to break into product management, or wear a suit to work (eg: no poop jokes)…there may be better options for you. Here are some of them.
This is Product Management (link)
TIPM has shorter episodes (20-35min) and is professionally produced (by AlphaUX) and hosted by a professional podcaster & content marketer (Mike Fishbein). Their episodes are a mix of info for people trying to break into product as well as active product managers. They’ve had guests that are active product managers as well as complimentary fields (eg: editors from HBR, VP Sales, authors). Episodes once a week. Lots of supplemental resources on their email list also.
Global Product Management Talk (link)
This podcast releases about 7 episodes a month (about 35-60min long), and syndicates The Everyday Innovator podcast as well (Chad McAllister)
That said, if you’re still with me, welcome! The easiest thing to do is subscribe to the email list or search for “Product Radio” in your podcast app of choice.